Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 12/13

It's Mother's Day here in Canada, and I would be remiss if I didn't send out some love to the mothers in my life.  Big love especially to my mummy, my sister, Irene, and Nycole.

You know who doesn't get a lot of love today?  Rue St.-Denis.  I enjoy this part of Montreal, but I was especially excited to go to this store Rien a Cacher, which sold fair trade, ethical, and organic clothing by local designers.  I've gotten some unique pieces from there while I'm proud of; when I wear these pieces, people take notice and ask questions.  I saved what little money I had for shopping just for this store.

It's closed.

That was so very disappointing.  We carried on walking, both feeling a bit of shock.  My mind was still reeling when Etienne pointed out that one of the record stores he wanted to go to was also closed.  Suddenly, the rest of our walk down the street was blighted by all the For Rent signs and vacant stores.  What's going on in Montreal?  As of today, it's lost some of its cool.

Rien a Cacher...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment