Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 7/13

I'm quite useless today.  For some reason, I haven't been able to concentrate on anything, so work was a bit of a loss.  I stared at a regulations document belonging to an international NGO for about 3 hours and don't think I could tell you what it was about.  The neurons were just not firing today.

It was pretty much the same this evening at home.  I put on recent episodes of shows that we've missed lately, and I barely managed to keep up with the stories as my mind wandered.  If this was about me being distracted by a problem and I'm working my way through it, that would be okay, but this?  It's like I'm checked out.  Not even here.

But I feel like I need to leave you with something here...a WYWH moment.

And the best I can come up with is this: if you haven't heard the album High Violet by The National, I suggest you do it.  You might recognize the song Runaway from several movies or tv series, but trust me, this whole album is just so...perfect. 

High Violet...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment