Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 22/13

I'm not a mother.  And to be honest, I never intended to be one.  This isn't a surprise to those who have known me for a while, and I've certainly ranting a little over the years at the treatment I've experienced for being childless by choice, but I honestly bear no one ill will for being parents.  Indeed, kids can be a true delight.  They just aren't my choice of delight.  And anyway, I don't need kids to be an excessively proud Aunt!

HAPPY BIRFDAY MISS M!

Some years ago, my oldest brother broke the news that his then-girlfriend was expecting.  My first little rugrat!  One fine, sunny May 22nd, Miss M was born.  Oh, she took her time alright...she was due much earlier (rather like her aunt Fancy).  Her due date came and went, and still no baby.  Her mother was induced multiple times, but Miss M was determined to make her debut on her terms.

And now, Miss M is a young woman who has gone through much in her relatively short life, but she's always found a way to handle the ups and downs.  As she prepares for the next major steps in her life, I know she'll be alright because, from that cautious little toddler with a soggy diaper and an AWOL teddy bear, she's grown into a unique, well-resourced woman.

But she'll always be my baby girl...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment