Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, May 2, 2013

May 2/13

It's game two between the Ducks and the Red Wings tonight, and I really need Detroit to pull out all the stops for a win tonight.  They need the same focus they had in the last four games of the regular season, which lead to them dominating those games.  In game one, they sort of let the game be dictated by penalties and the stupid taunts of Corey Perry. 

Sadly, it's been a worse opener for Etienne's Habs.  I'm sorry, but that Gryba hit on Eller was bad, and if that shit had happened in Football, Basketball, Soccer, etc., it would be illegal.  So why is it "legal" (depending on your point of view) in hockey?  Hell, if that hit had happened on a street somewhere, it would definitely be illegal.  It would be assault.  I hate seeing that shit in hockey.  I really do think it demeans the game.  And I'm so sick of hearing that it's okay because "it's part of the game."  Games change and evolve.  It's time to make this change, and stop abiding cheap, bullshit open-ice hits like that.  I want to see skill and gamesmenship, not goons on skates and cheap shots.  Take that shit to the octagon with all the other fighting sports.

Hockey evolution...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment