Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, February 2, 2013

February 1/13


Part I: February 1st.

My friend Sammy is in town for meetings and some family fun, but she made time to arrange for a few of us MPPers and Ottawa friends to get together.

With that in mind, Etienne and I joined some LMPers after work for drinks at Le Troquet.  We had a few hours to kill, since the get-together with Sam wasn't set until 8:30, so we tucked in to some food and a few drinks.  I had a couple of beers and Etienne took four ciders, and the conversation was varied and jovial.  All in all, a nice way to start unwinding after a hectic week of work.

We left and headed to the Market, bringing Brent with us, and got to the Black Thorn a little early.  Sam rolled in with her friends, and Jeff, Christine, Matt and Sean from MPP turned up as well, and jovial nature of the evening continued, through the change in people and scenery.

I had another couple of beers, and Etienne took another four ciders.  For him, this is more than usual, but he's fairly good at handling that quantity.  Without noticing, time slipped away, and before I knew it, people started slowing leaving.  I looked over and Etienne, and I knew that he had had enough tonight, so we paid the bills, said our goodbyes, and went outside to grab a cab.

I don't often get to hang out with the MPPers, it makes me miss those Thursday nights after class, when a bunch of us would wander down to the Lamplighter or Steamworks in Gastown and drunk all that MPP knowledge out of our heads for the time being. 

Good times with MPPers...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment