Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, February 3, 2013

February 3/13

Sometimes out-and-out boredom and listlessness can actually lead to productivity.  Of course, to doesn't follow that said productivity is in any way useful for anyone else, but all the same, it's productivity.

Today was one of those days.  After endless episodes of Twin Peaks on Netflix, I needed something to do.  But of course, that period in between pay cheques, and the cold weather really prevents me for getting out and doing something to cure my boredom, so what do I do?

Ready to hear something that may sound incredibly vacuous?

I do my nails.

Toes and hands. 

Ready to hear why it's not as vacuous as you think?

Because during the worst bout of seasonal depression I've experienced in years, I've really stopped caring for myself.  I don't care how I appear these days, so long as the clothes keep me warm.  I know I have very ugly winter shoes and boots, but I can't be bothered to do anything about it, not even the simple act of carrying a nice pair of shoes to work.  My hair is in gnatty condition, in need of a cut and colour (soon...soon.), and my low energy level means I can only muster enough physical energy to stare at my little pot belly with disdain and acceptance.  Yeah, it's been a rough winter.

Today, I made an effort, and that effort went into perfecting my manicure and repairing my neglected toe cuticles.  So I guess that means I'm not totally dead inside...signs of life are present.  And my nails looks awesome.

Energy...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment