Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16/13

Goodness me!  It's been a very active, busy day in our house, with groceries, cleaning, and hosting Etienne's friend for the Habs game.

But really, today's moment is a moment of quiet reflection.  Some time in mid-December, while searching for something in my files, I came across a poem that my friend Amanda had written about 20 years ago, and which she gave to me.  I even told Amanda I found it. 

After I heard of her death, I knew right away that I wanted to find the right way to share it, but the problem is that I refuse to post it or the picture I have with her on facebook, twitter, or even my blogs, because the second I do, the content belongs not to me or Amanda, but to some disgusting, callous corporation.  The conclusion I've reached is this: I will take a copy of the poem for myself, and I am looking for a way to get the original to Amanda's daughter.  It belongs to her now.

A place for everything...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment