Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 24/13

And in a rather unfortunate turn of events, the brand new Region-Free, Wifi-enabled Blu-ray player that we got only six weeks ago or so?  Yup.  Broken down. 

Dammit.

Etienne got it for the bedroom, and while he could have just picked up any old blu-ray player, the fact is that about 100 or so movies in our collection are Region 2 DVDs--his collection of movies from his years in Switzerland.  And we are talking about some pretty awesome movies that he's shared with me.  Some movies like Chouchou were a little above my French comprehension level (but it was pretty funny from what I guessed), while others literally tore my soul out and shredded it, like The Graveyard of Fireflies.  I figure that I've only managed to see about a third of his Region 2 movies, and now I'll have to wait until we can find a machine to play them on.

A working Region-Free, WiFi-enabled Blu-ray player...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment