Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

February 20/13

The downside to getting older is that you make decisions for the sake of being responsible instead of having fun.

I got my collective bargaining agreement severance buy-out today, and the government, in its infinite wisdom, saw fit to take 40% of it automatically in taxes.  I was left with less than I had estimated, and there went my plans for the one big luxury purchase I wanted to make (knowing that the opportunities are growing few and far between to get it for this little slave to debt repayment).  Instead, I paid off Max's surgery (so to speak), and I paid a bill.  I kept some small pittance back because my favourite jeans are showing signs of distress, and I have a pile of pants that need tailoring, and maybe if there's enough left over, I'll replace my broken mixer.

Wow.  It sounds so boring.  In the old days, that money would pay for a vacation, or a wicked toy like an ipad.

Those carefree days of youth...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment