Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14/13

First off, Happy Valentine's Day to all.

I hope that today has either been completely wonderful for you (congratulations to my cousin's son, who proposed to his lady), or at the very least, you've been able to find ways to cope with the holiday.

This year, Etienne proposed to go to see Warm Bodies, the 'Zombies meets Romeo and Juliet' movie currently in theatres, but I also knew that tonight was a Montreal Canadiens game.  Detroit plays tomorrow, hosting Anaheim, so I was fully willing to give up my game and do the movie tomorrow instead so that he could catch the Habs game.

Yes folks, it must be true love, if I'm not losing my shit over lacking hearts and flowers and candlelit dinners because there's a hockey game on.  I'm secure in the knowledge that I am loved, and that is good.  Is all that stuff nice?  Sure!  But flowers, last I checked, are available 364 other days of the year (365 other days in leap years), as is chocolate.  I actually hate the heart shape, so no big loss there. 

What really matters this year, in the light of recent tragedy and loss in my life, is that everyone important to me knows that I love them.  It's not always the easiest feat to pull off, but the fact is, I do it because you mean something special to me.

You know who you are...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment