Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, December 9, 2012

December 9/12

Writer's Block: a condition in which an author loses the ability to produce new work.

Or, if you are a writer who has faced the block before, you won't mind me calling it what it really is: Creativity making us its bitch.

Several months ago I started a short poem which I had hoped to finish in time for a particular event, but it remains unfinished as a combination of stress, depression, and lack of creativity has sort of sucked away my will to write.  These days, I write stuff for work, and after a long day of struggling over endless edits of a House Card, I have nothing left for more pleasurable pursuits such as creative writing.  

This weekend, I pulled out that taunting piece, determined to finish it, but alas, it wasn't until a half hour ago that I even cracked the book to look at it once more.  I made some minor edits to fix the cadence, but I'm afraid I'm no closer to finding the right way to express exactly what I am trying to say.

A solution...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment