Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Friday, December 28, 2012

December 28/12

This is going to be a strange one to read because it's going to lack details.  This one's entirely about feelings.

About 15 years ago, something happened that threw the world I knew into a tailspin.  I felt betrayed, angry, confused, uncertain, heartbroken, and I needed a lifeline.  It took months to get over the shock, and years to recover from this event and the resulting fallout.  Life had changed, people in my life had changed, and I grew to accept certain realities and facts, even becoming fairly nonchalant about things. 

Then tonight, like some bad replay, the same circumstances appeared to arise once more, and I fell to pieces again, though not as dramatically as I did as a sheltered 19 year old.  Now 34 and more experienced at living with the fallout from 15 years ago, I didn't feel confused or uncertain, but the feeling of betrayal was so overwhelming this time. 

Within a short time, things changed for the better, but residuals feelings have me seriously questioning the concept of trust.  My feeling of betrayal has largely given way to worry.  I worry about the future.

Facing uncertainty...

...Wish you were here.


No comments:

Post a Comment