Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5/12

Wheeeee!  The best part about celebrating with someone is that even when you part ways for the evening, you are filled with enough joy (and in my case, liquor!) to keep that feeling of celebration going.

Today is my friend's birfday!  He and I go all the way back to our University of Alberta Model United Nations days, and as it happens, we have been lucky enough to maintain contact and see each other on occasion.  While this in itself is enough for a WYWH moment, it's actually the funny part that happened after that I'm talking about tonight.

After we left the birfday drinks, Etienne and I headed to the Sir John A. for food.  Not long after we were seated, I noticed that a colleague/friend was sitting at a table near by, having drinks with his friends.  He's a nice guy, and we always exchange hellos when we pass by each other at work.  We've been out in social settings with him, but generally the drinking for all happens concurrently; I've never run into him when he appears already well on his way.  He spotted us after a while, and for some inexplicable reason, he got up to head over in our direction, and oddly, I stood up in response.  In one of those "Is this happening?" moments, he and I hugged.  What the hell, right!  We're all feeling jolly!  But it was funny, because never before did it occur to either of us to hug.

You really have to smile at those unexpected moments in life...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment