Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, December 27, 2012

December 27/12

Tonight, someone started a rumor that Chief Theresa Spence went into cardiac arrest and was rushed to the hospital.  This is not true.  

The First Nations chief currently on a hunger strike to protest the Harper Government™ Aboriginal agenda is fine, she is still on Victoria Island, and all is well.

For a few moments as I tried to verify the claim on any news source, I pondered the consequences of the claim being true.  Should Chief Spence suffer seriously or die without having been acknowledged by Stephen Harper himself, I don't know what will happen, but I have a feeling it will not be good.  While the Idle No More movement has been largely peaceful and law-abiding, there are definitely elements of the movement that would spark for sure should she be totally ignored and come to harm.

Instead of thinking of such things, I continue to encourage my fellow Canadians to support Idle No More and Chief Spence, as the issues they are protesting affect all Canadians, particularly regarding the waterways protections being dropped.

An end to the madness of Bill C-45...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment