Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

December 10/12

My gramma was born on December 11th, and since her death, for a very, very significant reason known to myself and a few people, that day has been the hardest day for me to deal with.  Every year since 2001, I've struggled with my grief.  I couldn't call her and cheerfully wish her a happy birthday, and hear her voice and her laugh.  Even now, I tear up thinking about it.

Tonight, just when I thought I had given up the ghost finally, it became clear that I will always have a whole in my heart on that day.  I had hoped that it would hurt less with each passing year, but I suppose, given the circumstances, it never really goes away.

To Christine, my namesake...

...Wish you were here.


No comments:

Post a Comment