Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, December 30, 2012

December 30/12

After a lazy day yesterday, Etienne wanted to get out of the house today, but I took one look outside at the frigid winter winds, blowing snow around, and I would say a snowball had a better chance in hell than I did of going out and about in town.  However I could see he was getting a little bored and I decided to bite the bullet and suggest a dinner out.  He went for the idea, partly because we are running low on grocery components to make full, proper suppers, partly because he could get a gluten-free beer, and I sort of think a small part was that I hadn't really left the house (except for a 20 minute run to the market for milk and bread) since...Boxing Day?  Did I really not leave the house after then?

I admit that I become a total hermit in the winter.  While it's true that I am a sufferer of seasonal affective depression, an isolating condition in and of itself, to be honest, I don't go out in the winter because I hate winter with a passion.  I hate being cold all the time, I hate trying to walk in the snow and ice, and I really, really, really hate the wind.  So it happens that I could be quite content to stay in as much as possible during these awful winter months.

Summer...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment