Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

December 19/12

No matter how much you tell yourself that you need to put in effort to deal with someone with whom you have a personality conflict, you just can't help but feel smug when those moments occur which vindicate your point of view.

Today, I was dealing with a product that I've gone round for round with someone over, and I received the signal that I was right earlier this week, not the other person.  It's petty, and I knew it instantly, but you would not believe how much that vindication bolstered my faltering mental well-being. 

Work has been a large source of stress, and the discomfort I feel due to certain working relationships has really aggravated this year's bout of seasonal depression, but the good news is it is nowhere near the scale of utter despair that working at INAC gave me, so there is still hope that solutions could be found to resolve my current situation.

The adult in me recognizes how petty it is to silently gloat over someone in an adversarial position about being right, but the little devil on my shoulder doesn't care!

Solutions to personality conflicts...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment