Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, December 3, 2012

December 3/12

I'd like to apologize to the Canadian taxpayers tonight.  This morning, it took some unknown force that I've never felt before to drag my tired ass out of bed and get ready for work.  It wasn't will power, or a desire to go to work--I wasn't pushing myself to achieve or rearing to go.  There's no way to describe this mystery force; the closest I can come is an apathetic sense of obligation.  It was automatic.

The problem is that this is not the most conducive state to work in, and I'm afraid I wasted your tax dollars today, staring at a deck.  I managed to get to page 8 of the deck...around 3:30.  And I honestly can't remember much of today, which means I did not accomplish much today.  It's so bad, whatever is going on, that I had to take out the garbage and recycling this evening to feel like I've done anything of any value today.

A sense of purpose...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment