Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 26/12

New Year's Eve is my favourite day of the year.  I know it's dead in the middle of winter, and that it quite often ends in a hangover the next day, but I like new beginnings, as well as the one opportunity a year to get all dressed up and play at being sophisticated adults. 

But after New Year's Eve, my second favourite day of the year is Boxing Day.  I'm *so good* at this day.  I always have a plan, I'm usually there just after 8 am and usually done by noon.  I know what stores I prefer, what I'm looking for, and I know what stores to avoid (poor "deals", price point issues).  I have snacks, and I wear clothes/shoes that are easier to get into and out of in order to cut down on fitting room time.  Hell, even my choice of under garments is chosen according to the type of clothing I plan to try on.  When it comes to Boxing Day shopping, I'm a strategic mastermind executing a well-planned campaign.

I admit I have a shopping problem, though in the last year and a half, a precarious financial situation has deprived me of most opportunities to practice my craft (a cruel irony, given that I am, umm..."growing as an individual", and can't properly fit into much of my current wardrobe).  Well, this time out, circumstances have been more fortunate, and I was successful; I made it out of Rideau Centre before the crowds even arrived, conquered The Bay with ease and aplomb, and with the help of gift certificates to two of the best stores in Ottawa (Victoire and Wolf & Zed), I walked away with those signature pieces that people always notice and compliment.  Fancy will remain fancy for another year.  That's right people...Boxing Day got PWNED.

More money...

...Wish you were here.

1 comment:

  1. I much prefer New Year's Eve to Christmas, even though I don't drink... I like the clean-slate feeling.

    ReplyDelete