Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 24/12

Tonight, I did something out of the ordinary. 

I went to an art auction.

With Etienne staying home, I was finally free of my near-constant monitoring of the cats since Thursday night, so I got dressed up and went to the Odawa Friendship Centre with Maureen and Sayyedya, where they fed up and entertained us (If the guy in the costume asks if he should invite the ducks to his wigwam, yell 'NO'...it's just a gateway to duck homicides), and finally, they turned a room full of people loose with bidding cards and sold some Aboriginal art.

To be blunt, Max's situation has put me in debt by a lot, so I had no money to spare for art, and even if I did, much of what was on auction was not at all to my taste.  So my attempts at bidding on the few items I might have been interested were quickly bested, and I settled in to just watching what happened around me.

At the end of the night, my companions snagged some pieces, and I nearly walked out empty-handed, *Until* the door prizes began.  I won an APTN mug.  Why can't I have that kind of luck when something big is on the line like trips, cash prizes, or electronics?

Cursed...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment