Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, November 15, 2012

November 10/12

It's that moment - you've waited so long and then it finally happens.

I came home.

It's been more than a year since I've been able to come back to Vancouver, and to say I miss it is something of an understatement.

When I moved to Vancouver in 2006, I was delayed by a day due to a wild last night in Edmonton (read: hangover), so I actually didn't roll into Burnaby until the evening of May 1st.  On May 2nd, I work up and went to my new kitchen window.  My ex was still asleep, so it was me and the cats.  We lived on the 23rd floor, and our windows and balcony had views that spanned from the mountains of the North Shore all the way east to the Rockies and Mt. Baker, on south to the flat land of Richmond.  The sun had just come up over the Rockies to the east, and it was going to be a clear, beautiful, spring day.  As I stood there, I took in a deep breath and everything became so clear: "I live here."  This was the first time I had truly felt at home in years.

Tonight, as Etienne and I flew into Vancouver, there it was.  I'm home.

Home...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment