Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, November 25, 2012

November 23/12

Today I worked from home again, and between the dentist appointment that left my mouth feeling like it had been the victim of a multiple stabbing, the cats behaving rather badly (Purrball's aggression continues, Max tries to lick himself), and my manager's endless revisions to a work product she's already revised, this has been a most aggravating day that I'd just as soon forget.

At one point in the afternoon, I went on a mini-strike.  I threw a movie on and just let myself chill out before I attempted to address the work situation.  It seems that my experience and expertise count for little when someone new to the program tries way too hard to make it their own.  I get that a new team means that people will want to make some changes, but when I have to spend a lot more of my time explaining why change X, Y and Z are not advisable, I feel like I'm losing the battle.

Meh.

Patience...

...Wish you were here.


No comments:

Post a Comment