Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, November 22, 2012

November 22/12

Last night, as I was settling Max back in with us, I got some sad news, and it still weighs on me today.

My ex's sister sent me a message to let me know that their Auntie Margaret had died.  All I know is that she had heart problems, and the cause of death was a massive heart attack.  My heart jumped into my throat, remembering that awful day when the same cause of death took Rod and Marie's father, Harry. 

When it's sudden like that, you feel such shock.  It's not like cancer or some slow, lingering health issue, and you're given no time to consider the possibility or prepare yourself a great deal.  Those left behind have to struggle through dealing with the instant change to their lives forever.

Hug a loved one today.

Rest in peace, Margaret...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment