Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, December 8, 2013

December 8/13

I am just dumbfounded.

I just read about the death of a 12 year old boy here in Ontario because he was having a severe asthma attack while outside on break, and his rescue inhaler?  It was locked in the school principal's office. 

I didn't even know that Ontario had a policy of locking up the medications (including urgent life-saving rescue inhalers and epipens) in schools.  I need to do some research into why that policy even exists, because on the face of it, it's dumbfounding.  If you have to take away a child's life-saving medication, why the fuck would you lock it up and make it inaccessible, thus reducing the chances of getting it in time?  Who designed this fucked-up mess of a policy and what criteria went into the decision to design and adopt it?  Policy shouldn't increase the probability of death.

 Bad policy disturbs me to my core...

 ...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment