Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2/13

HAPPY BIRFDAY DADDY!!

Hey, guess what, everyone!!  It's my daddy's birfday!  He turns (redacted) today!

I've always been close to my parents, though there were times you'd have to look closely to see if I was more the Momma's girl or the Daddy's girl.  Obviously during the perils of high school, I would say closer to neither.  There were screaming matches and displays of mutiny during that period of time, and I know Mummy would be bothered that I said this, but she took on the task of reaming me for bad grades and my career aspirations, being the bad cop, so that my dad wouldn't have to, and he could be the good cop.  Isn't that the way of it here in North America!

Anyway, once we all grew out of that, it was largely smooth sailing with my parents again, and even though my dad has sometimes really questioned some of my decisions, he's been stellar in supporting me anyway, letting me rise and fail.  Over our insane mad dash of a drive across the country, we got to talking about some things, and learned to understand each other better.  I think we've come to the conclusion that he is proud of me, and that no matter what, he understands, as his mother was beginning to grasp before him, that my journey is my own.  I appreciate the support more than he could know.

Thank you, daddy...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment