Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

December 10/13

All cylinders aren't firing today, I'm afraid.  I was up way too late last night playing with my iPad, and up way too early this morning to make it to Day 2: Project Management. 

I think because I'm tired, I wasn't exactly keen to go into the dry, technical world of effort x duration estimates and the vagaries of MS Project, and I am now less excited about pursuing the possibility of the Project Management certification, something I had considered in order to augment my career options and improve my chances of success in getting into new sectors.  I'm also not enjoying the way this class is taught, which would dramatically dampen my enthusiasm.  It lacks meaningful case studies and proper introductions to PM planning software that is frequently alluded to throughout the lectures.  Instead of screen caps from MS Project software from 1993, why not plug in dummy variables and timelines to show us?

And there were no brownies at the U of O Starbucks.

Wahh, wahh, wahh!

Maybe I just need a better night's sleep...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment