Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Friday, December 6, 2013

December 6/13

There is an upside to being home sick still.  Sure, I can't go out into the world, but the world was beamed into my living room this afternoon, as I watched the FIFA World Cup Draw unfold. 

It was an awkward show...athletes generally make pretty terrible performers, and the "banter" exchange between Brazilian president Dilma Rousseff and FIFA head Sepp Blatter was positively painful to watch.

But it wasn't all bad.  I was just delighted when it was announced that the Netherlands had drawn the second spot in Group B, setting up the second match of the World Cup to be a rematch of the World Cup 2010 final!  If that's any indication, this is shaping up to be a fun-filled tournament!

Counting the days...

...Wish you were here.















No comments:

Post a Comment