Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, June 9, 2013

June 9/13

I'm sort of in panic mode tonight.  Tomorrow morning, at 8 am, I have a pre-screening interview for a job with a Not-for-Profit professional organization, and believe me, as policy jobs go, it looks like a good one.  It's related to the health field, which is where I'd have like my career to go, but it's fairly research-based, so I'd have more opportunities for nerding out than my current job allows.

But what it means now is that my Sunday evening is devoted to frantic research about the organization and its activities, and I have no idea what to expect in this pre-screen.  I've pre-screened for several jobs in the last year, and have been successful with those, but when it comes to the actual formal interview, I don't come out with the job offer.  I feel like I'm panic-prone, so I forget everything I want to say and end up sounding very dim and unaware.

But now I'm just stalling when I should be browsing the organizations website, devouring everything I see.

You never know...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment