Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

June 18/13

Sorry about yesterday, but that was a rough one.  I hadn't slept well the night before, and I was a depressed, anxious mess, to the point where the first hour of work, all I could do was stare at my desk and think about how badly I had fucked up my career by coming here, and how there was no hope of escape.  Naturally, those factors, plus a bit of a bombshell at work with regards to some personnel reorganizations just thrust the dagger into my head, so to speak.  Normally I get the muscular migraines that start in the back of my head and neck and radiate up, but yesterday's was actually like my brain was being stabbed in multiple spots.  Several hours in my dark, quiet bedroom with an ice bag, pain relievers, and absolutely no stimulation whatsoever brought me back to sub-human status by about 10 pm.

But that was yesterday.

Today...well, I followed up with nearly breaking my arm.

I was in the office with Etienne, and he noted that my record needed to be flipped over.  I turned to head out, but I didn't know that in the meantime, Purrball had come in and settled herself right beside my feet, so I'm afraid I stepped on her.  In a split second, I had to minimize the weight of my foot on her so as not to hurt her, and in doing so, my balance was compromised.  As I tried to catch myself from falling into the edge of the door face first, my weight carried me too far forward, and I ended up falling on the ground, with my elbow taking the shock of the hard granite floor break. 

In the meantime, poor Purrball had taken off like a shot, afraid of injury (she appeared not to have been injured by the initial contact), and she was a dozen feet or so away looking at me, laying in a heap on the floor, half inside/half outside the office.  Though my fall took Etienne by surprise,, his reaction was slow because I don't think he anticipated that I could be hurt. 

That was around 6:30 this evening.  It's now coming up on 11 pm, and a long course of ice and keeping the arm immobile seems to have improved the elbow, but now it's clear that I had also wrenched my right knee a little, and my left shoulder is sore, as if maybe I've pulled something.

Fuck, I'm such a klutz...

...Wish you were here (to save me from myself)

No comments:

Post a Comment