Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Friday, June 7, 2013

June 7/13

If you know me, you know I'm not exactly know for my ability to bite my proverbial tongue.  As my mother politely puts it, I am a very determined person. 

Well, I might not be the model of biting my proverbial tongue, but the night before last, I sure as fuck bit the hell out of my literal tongue.  I've been stressed lately, particularly at work, and I haven't been sleeping well.  Well, obviously I'm suffering from some kind of sleep disturbance because while I slept, I bit down on my tongue so hard, I left my teeth imprints on both sides.  I'm in so much pain and discomfort right now.  Eating hurts, talking hurts, swallowing hurts...it all hurts. 

Except soft ice cream...that's cold and soft enough to numb my tongue and swallow.  The only solution I can see is that I need a chocolate soft ice cream machine in my house for the next couple of weeks.

Relief from the pain...

Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment