Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, June 10, 2013

June 10/13

I'm dead tired. 

You know that feeling the night before something big, when you are anxious and as a result, you have a bad sleep because you are afraid you'll sleep through the alarm?  Yeah, that.

I went to bed right after Mad Men at 11 last night and surprisingly I had no trouble going to sleep.  But then I woke up at 3:30.  And then I only half-slept until 5:30, and kept dreaming about missing the alarm.  So when 5:30 rolled around, I just decided, 'fuck it, I'll just get up.'  I had the alarm set for 6:30.

I was also too keyed up to eat, which is a bad thing for someone with a blood sugar problem.  I knew I had to eat, but I just was too nervous and anxious, so I decided I would go to the Starbucks at the Chapters on Rideau, grab a coffee and croissant, and do my interview there.  Well, wouldn't you know it, this week, the store in that location was opening later than normal, at 8 am.  I went back to the Starbucks at the Rideau Centre, but the line was too long, and the time was so short.  'Fuck!'

I ended up doing the interview while sitting on the floor of the mall beside the front doors.  Yeah.  That happened.  Oh, and let's not forget that my tongue is still recovering from its injury, so forty minutes of talking was another comical detail to add to this goofy little saga.

But hey, on the bright side, I got to work on time!

I'm such a freak...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment