Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Friday, June 14, 2013

June 14/13

I started the week quite excited because I was invited to a pre-screen interview for a cool job with a not-for-profit organization, and I ended it with being screened out after the formal interview.  Sound familiar??  Yeah, I'm good at getting into the pool of applicants, I'm good at the pre-screen, but I always flunk the formal interview stage.  I know this time I was up against a rather large pool of candidates, so I hope that it was just a case that there were other candidates with better qualifications rather than me just being a waste of time because I was a blithering idiot, which has been the case on at least one occasion.

I felt good about my interview this morning.  Did I look back right after and kick myself for not saying this or that to a specific question?  Sure, but I still felt okay.  By this afternoon, I was informed I would not be moving on to the next round, the formal assessment.

Between my failure and Etienne's preoccupation with a significant undertaking at work, we're a fine pair tonight. 

Bring on the liquor...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment