Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3/13

Hey Hey!  It's her Birfday!  That's right, it's the anniversary of the birth of my big sister, Baby K.  No matter how many years young she is, she's still Baby K, and I'm still "Fance" or "Brat."

She's been like a second mum in my life, looking out for me, when she wasn't busy torturing me.  The age difference is, well, uh, noticeable, and I both suffered and benefited for it.

Pros:

-My sister took me with her to some of her friend's parties, where I hung out with adults and drank beer
-My sister made me the most punk-rockin' punk rock girl on Punk Rocker Day at my elementary school...I won best costume...in grade two suck it grade 7's!
-My sister took me to my first ever college lecture...Art History at Red Deer College.  I was barely in high school at that point.
-My sister wrote me letters, encouraging me when she saw I was having a rough time of growing up.
-My sister would come get me from school to play hooky for the afternoon

Cons:

-My sister once sat on me for about a half hour, and she and my dad laughed at this torture, while I was screaming on the ground...ohhhh boy was mum pissed.
-My sister once took me out of school to play hooky, and then she and her friends were mean to me, triggering me to pack up some books, my blankie and my pound puppy to run away.  She talked me back.  I think she had to, otherwise we would have gotten caught.
-My sister got me ready for picture day in Grade three.  Mummy wanted to strangle us both when she got the pictures back.  I got into a fight with a girl in grade four who tried to tattle on me for wearing make-up.

If you've got a big sister who loved you and tortured you, giver her a hug.  I would if I could!

Baby K...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment