Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, August 24, 2013

August 24/13

I'm in a food coma here in Montreal.

I drove in late this afternoon alone, blasting tunes and singing along as loud as my injured vocal chords will let me (they are sore because of the type of inhaler I was given to control my asthma--don't worry, I have an appointment Monday, and hopefully I will get a new form of inhaler), and reached the hotel pretty much exactly when I said I would.  Etienne and his cousin came up, and we changed into our dinner clothes before heading out to St. Catherine Street to meet up with his father and uncle.

Dinner was at Europea, and it was four hours of gourmet foods and snacks so delicious, I refused nothing, save the truffle and lobster coffee item...seafood I don't eat, and truffles, though not mushrooms, are in the fungus family, and I don't do very well with the fungus family (allergy).  Otherwise, I had everything offered to me, starting with the cheese lollipops right down to the pink cotton candy and miniature macarons, and I even took a full take-out container of the madeleines so I'd have something to snack on in the evening and in the morning.

So now, I'm going to drop off into a deep coma-like state and try to recover from the culinary spoiling we had tonight.

I swear, I gained 10 lbs just at dinner...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment