Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, August 10, 2013

August 10/13

Today, we finally made it out to the museum and some of the stops in Old Town, but before I wax poetic about nostalgia, today's moment is not about that.

It's about throwing toast at a teenager :)

Since we've arrived, the boys have been largely absent.  It's no big deal, they are teenagers and, well, boys, so it's not like we were expecting to spend every waking minute with them talking about activities, life, their hopes and dreams, etc.  And when our boys aren't out, there's a gaggle of other boys here, hanging out in the front, doing guy things like shooting hoops and scootering around the road.

The boys had to be there for supper, and no sooner did we finish eating than the oldest told his mother he was still hungry.  There was some negotiation over what the eat, and they reached a compromise of toast.  The lad put the bread in the toast...and went downstairs, out the front door to hang with friends who had arrived.

I remarked, "Where's B.D.?  Didn't he just start making toast?"

My sister said yes, and then looked out the front window to see him hanging on the lawn.  We started joking about wasting food, and I mentioned I thought it would be funny to throw the toast out the window at him.  She thought it would be funny too, so she buttered the toast, and I took it over the window and shouted down, "B.D., you forgot something!" then flung the toast out at him and his friends with a grin.

He and his friends probably think his aunt is a total wingnut, but who cares!  I got to throw toast at a teenager!

And he ate it too.

Fun with Toast...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment