Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 13/13

Purrball was very happy to see us this morning!

As our flight landed in Toronto at 1 am, and our Ottawa flight wouldn't be leaving until 10 am, we had to overnight in Toronto.  If you are ever on an overnight layover in Toronto, I recommend the Sheraton at the Airport.  Sure, you may have to take a shuttle between terminals, but it's much nicer than I thought it would be, and it was very convenient.

We were up at 8 am to get ready to go, and at the precise moment that we left the room (card keys inside, as per convenient check-out), I checked my email and saw a message from Air Canada that our flight was cancelled, and we were re-booked on the flight to Ottawa departing an hour later.  Dammit!  If I had seen the email when I woke up, I could have taken an extra hour to sleep!

It all worked out fine though.  We arrived and picked up our new boarding passes, and for once, we could take a leisurely pace through security screening.  Except we got separated there.  When we pulled up, the screener directing people didn't hear me say we were together, so she directed me to a line much further down, and told Etienne to get in line right in front of her.  Rather than get into it with this lady, we did as we were told.  Well, the line I went to wasn't moving much, so the lady in the Nexus line stepped in and directed me to the Nexus screening check point, where I breezed through quickly.

And had to wait.  Etienne got stuck behind a woman making a fuss about an oversized bottle of face cleanser, a couple who spoke little English and had to be dealt with, AND....a young guy who decided to get into an argument about *not* being allowed to take his large Swiss Army Knife through security screening.  WTF, really??  Has this guy been living under a rock since before September 11, 2001?  Dude, this is not a fight you are going to win.  Etienne told me that he opted to go back and check the knife in as luggage rather than part ways with it.  Duh.

We had a nice breakfast, got on our plane, and an hour later, we were at the Ottawa airport, waiting for our suitcase.

We missed you, Purrball...

...Wish you were here.














No comments:

Post a Comment