Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, February 8, 2014

February 8/14

So, I get my music through a variety of sources, so I usually don't hear an entire album unless I find something strong enough to warrant my searching for more.  A few years ago, I heard 'Say (All I Need) by OneRepublic, and really, it became a significant part of my life.  That song dropped in my lap at a time of great upheaval in my life, and it means a great deal to me still.

So this evening, I finally got around to looking for more OneRepublic songs on YouTube.

Turns out, I'm extremely lukewarm on the rest of the OneRepublic catalogue.  If I'm totally honest, I did not see that coming.  I mean, Say is such a part of my story since 2009 and even today, it can still elicit tears from me, depending on my mood.  I don't mean to belabour the point, but genuinely, that song resonated to deeply with me and my innermost wishes.  How can it be that something so evocative can come out of a band that I otherwise could take or leave with utter indifference?

Is this a case of "Even a broken clock is right twice a day?"

All I need...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment