Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Thursday, February 6, 2014

February 6/14

'Twas the night before the interview, and all through the house, all the creatures were stirring, and gawd interviews suck.

Tomorrow morning, Etienne goes in at 9, I go in at 10:10.

Sorry I don't have much to say about today, but it's all interview prep.  Several people have provided us with resources and coaching, but at some point, you panic because you don't know anything, you think you don't have examples, and you experience a crisis of confidence so deep, you wonder how you even managed to get the job you have now, you blithering idiot, you.

I don't worry about process questions.  After four years in the public service, I know the way things (should) get done.  It's those questions like "Where do you see yourself in five years" (I don't know, I don't plan what I'm doing tomorrow night, never mind 5 years away); "What areas do you think you need improvement in" (Um, all the areas?  Do you want to hear what I'm good at or how much I suck?); or "Tell us about a time when you had a problem working with a colleague, what did you do?" (Honestly?  I get into a yelling match with her because she refused to let me talk.  Yeah, I've done that.)...those I hate.  I hope we don't get any of those tomorrow.

Wish us luck...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment