Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Saturday, February 1, 2014

February 1/14

Gents, this may be one you want to skip.  Cause it's about shopping.

Today, I headed out into the heavy snow to buy...well, no, that's not it, it's not the right place to start.

Members of the Ottawa Art Gallery enjoy several perks, one of which is the ability to rent some of the pieces.  Etienne's been a member for a few years now, and we have had several pieces over the years, some of which we've purchased after three months of renting.  Last night, we checked out what was on the walls in the rentals room, and I came across a darling little piece called Monkey I.  It's relatively cheap, so I made the decision to come back and rent it.

So, here we are today, out in the heavy snow.  I trudged to the Gallery and rented my piece.  After that, I trudged to the Sir John A. for a burger that I've been craving for months now.  Since we left the neighbourhood, I haven't had a chance to go back to get that burger.  Once I was done, I left the pub in time to see that a bus was coming up Elgin, but that I would have no shot at catching it, so I walked up to Red Velvet, this cute little women's boutique, intending to wait out the snow until the next bus, but once there, I wandered over to the jewellery, and well...I missed the bus, but I got a great costume ring.

As penance for my bad decision, I walked towards home, but wouldn't you know it, I have to pass by all these stores and a mall to get there.  Are you getting where this is going?

Yeah, I ended up at The Bay.  After watching Etienne haul in these amazing deals in the last week, I admit I was jealous.  I started out on my never-ending quest to find a simple black pencil skirt, and after far too much time on my own, I walked out of the women's department with two short sweaters for the price of one.  Right into the women's shoe department sale.  Dammit.  I console myself that I turned down a darling little dress that was a third of the original price.

The thing is, I've had my eye on this last pair of lavender, patent leather heels that have been on the sale rack for a while now...marked down 50% from the already nice sale price.  $110 shoes for $35?  Yeah, I fell for it again.

Will power, why have you forsaken me?

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment