Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3/14

So, who's a special little snowflake?

This girl!  Right here!

Last week, I was notified that I had passed the written exam for a job competition, and that I would receive an invitation for an interview.  The problem for me was that it was an insanely busy week last week, as we were hosting a workshop with representatives from across the country.  So I was busy workshopping AND obsessively checking my email when I had the chance.  Finally at around 2:30 on Friday, January 31st, the invitation came, with the scheduled date for February 7th. 

I quickly glanced up at my calendar and panicked..."Tuesday!" I thought.  That quick.  Oh boy.  I would have to spend my weekend cramming.  Anyway, I ran downstairs to wrap things up with the workshop, and then rushed to get the required information to respond to the invitation.  I sent off my RSVP, and then headed off for the weekend.

I did not study this weekend.  I was tired, and quite frankly, I didn't know what to study for.  I knew I was meeting with my Director on Monday to do some preparation, and I figured there was no point in looking at anything until then.

This morning, I went to my Director's office to meet with her, and once we settled in, I handed her the invitation print out.  "So, this is for Friday, " she half questioned, half stated.

My head shot up from my writing pad.  "What?"

Yeah, today is February 3rd.

See, the thing is, when I took my quick glance at my calendar on Friday?  Yeah, it was still January.  Duh.  The 7th of January was a Tuesday.  Well done, Me.

So much for paying attention to detail.  I know I have the excuse that my mind was very occupied with the workshop and with a task on my main file, but really, that is a sad excuse.  I'm supposed to be better than that.

Yup.  Special little snowflake.

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment