Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Monday, October 28, 2013

October 28/13

I'm afraid I need to keep this short tonight, as I tweaked my wrist a lot at bowling.

Yes, bowling.  It was a United Way event at work, and I sort of expected it would happen, as old pains and woes from my youth bowling days revisit.  My wrist started falling apart near the end of my YBC days, and ultimately, I gave it up because I was losing my delivery.  My form is still as solid as ever, but the wrist just can't support my delivery anymore, at least not without stabilizing support.

There was an awkward moment when I berated my ADM (my boss's boss's boss's boss) for using my personal bowling balls.  Everyone who has been in league bowling knows and respects the convention: you don't play with another player's personal balls.  It's just not done.  Sure, in some circumstances, when there is a personal or intimate relationship, there is some possibility of wiggle room, but for strangers and near-strangers, there is not.  But this fella, well, he's used to things that are set apart, and when he say two balls that look different, bearing at least one of his initials, well, I don't think he even gave it any thought.  And I'm not shy about my stuff.  I charged up there and told him he could at least ask.  I don't think he's used to being challenged much.  Especially by some rude employee.  But tough.  We're on our personal time, and on the lanes, he is not my ADM, he is a work colleague attending a work function, and he is still messing with my stuff.

Bring it on...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment