Every day, I will share something that makes me think 'Wish You Were Here.'

Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8/14

Today is the last day of my vacation.  Tomorrow morning, I'll get up, get ready, and go to work.  I'll head off to my oversized government complex, arriving sometime around 9 am, and head to the bank of elevators.  I'll enter an elevator, and select the third floor.  Not the fourth.  That's right, tomorrow, I start a new job. 

I have to confess, I'm not feeling all that nervous about the change.  I've been ready for a new challenge for a while, and I'm coming into this having earned a good deal of confidence from my old and new colleagues.  Over three years ago, when I arrived at the department, I was better known as Etienne's girlfriend than I was for my own work; tomorrow, I'll still be known as Etienne's girlfriend (understandable though...I am moving into the same directorate that he's in), but now I'll also be known for my experience and abilities (and let's be honest...maybe my attitude too).

Today, Etienne and I went down Elgin, sat on a patio, and just hung out, reading magazines and chatting.  It occurred to me that it was Sunday, and instead of begrudging the fact that tomorrow was Monday, I was feeling very good about it.  I've had two weeks of vacation, and I'm feeling pretty relaxed.  The stresses of my old job (many self-imposed) have disappeared, and I've mentally moved on.  I'm ready for the new files.

Moving on...

...Wish you were here.

No comments:

Post a Comment